I was having a good think the other day after me and my best friend talk about our future all the time. I was having a think and I think I now know what I want for in 5 years time. I thought I’d write a blog post about it so I could come back in 5 years and see if my goals happened and write about what has happened.
- I would love to graduate from university. At the moment I feel like its not going to happen. I don’t feel good enough for university but let’s see if it’ll actually happen. I hope so. I choose my dress.
- I wouldn’t mind having a flat with my friends in 5 years time. I’m thinking of moving into a bigger city like Manchester so I have a better job opportunities especially in the job that I want. I know that straight after university I’d like to move in with a few friends.
- I want to be driving. I better be driving. I want that independence. It annoys me now cause all I want is to pick up my friends and go somewhere for the day and make memories. I wanted to start at 17 but it just never happened.
- I want to be in a relationship. That would be nice. I’ll be 26 I better be in a relationship god damn it. Wouldn’t mind being engaged but that’s wishful thinking.
- I want to loose my weight. I don’t mind the size I am now but I wouldn’t mind a thinner face and a flatter belly. I like being curvy but I feel like I don’t look healthy.
- I want to be a full time job in marketing and social media. That’s the main goal right now is breaking into the industry and finding my feet.
- Not a big goal but I want to get more tattoos. I want my leg covered. I want to be a human canvas.
Let’s come back in 5 years and see whats happens!
June 19th I went on my first adult holiday. No family. My university put on a trip to Portugal to visit Fest. A week long film festival with workshops,screenings and talks. This was terrifying for me. I’ve never been on a plane or on a holiday.
On Monday we left the uni at 1:30 to a freezing cold coach. Oh my lord was it cold. I was ready for the holiday in my shorts and tank top like an actual idiot. I ended up swapping seats with my friend to get under his girlfriends blanket and fall asleep. I had no idea airports were so aggressive. A guy physically picked me up and moved me cause I was taking to long. I have bad anxiety so imagine someone who has never been to an airport who can’t get there suitcase to unlock to get out their liquids while having panic attack. Nightmare. Then my bag got searched and I lost all my friends. This was 5:30 in the morning. Not a good start. Then still with anxiety on high alert I get on the plane. Taking off wasn’t as bad as people made it out to be. What I hated was turbulence and I fell asleep to wake up to that and my head telling me I’m gonna die. We got to Portugal to find it was cold. It started to rain. It was 30 degrees in England. I also thought it was 5pm and was ready to sleep. The hostel was not what we expected and we found out we had been given people to stay with and people got split up. We ended up trading friends and moving eachother in and out. We were so tired and cranky that we were angry at eachother and crying. I wanted to sleep but nope 40 min walk. I was crying cause all I wanted to do was sleep. I didn’t care for anything else. However, we found the beach and went for dinner. Later that night we found somewhere for tea,went on the beach and then our lecturers told us there was a party and instead we got a 2 hour screening that they walked out of and so did I. Way to tired.
During the week we went to the beach. The waves were huge and the lifeguard kept shouting ‘NO SWIM’ at us which was fine because I can’t swim and I already had been took down by a wave. I thought that was the end for me and I was gone. We got drunk very fast from very cheap cider. This ended up in my friend Brandon wanting to go into the sea like every night. I learnt that everything there has egg on it. Literally everything. Want a burger? egg.
I went to a workshop ran by Cecil Baldwin who created Nightvale. That was an interesting morning. I don’t do acting though so I left. Right out of my comfort zone. Later that afternoon he did a talk with Melissa Leo on prejudice in film. It was very interesting. A lot of angry opinions on gay rights. Went away feeling proud to be a women but angry at film makers.
The best day that we had was a day out in Porto. We walked the streets and took a lot of photos. It was so beautiful. There was even a McDonald’s which was the best part of being there to be honest. Got to try it out in a different country right? There was a festival on where you hit eachother with plastic hammers. We thought blow up inflatable hammers. Nope actual hard plastic hammers. Found the closest bar to us all. In 2 hours I was so fucking drunk. I had to stop drinking because the toilets were so hard away and a 45 min wait for you were a women cause they only had 1 toilet for a money and 3 for men. I became a very big feminist in that que. Katie and Brandon fell into the doc and were soaked. Some of us decided to go home cause we were exhausted and cause we don’t speak the language we got on the wrong train. Well it was correct but it changed. Thankfully our lecturers were on it and saved the day a little.
I don’t think holidays not in a tourist area are for me. I was so home sick and all I wanted to do was go home. So glad to be back in home comforts.