I’m back and feeling a lot better. I have days where I don’t. Today I am going and sorting out my depression so I will be a lot happier and less down soon. Amazing right! I did the adult thing!
So recently this week I moved back to university in Derby and moved into my new house. It’s beautiful to be honest. Nicest house I’ve ever lived in. Defiantly better than my house last year with the pet mice we never asked for and the drug dealing on my garden. I’m so happy with my bedroom it looks so cute and it’s like my tiny safe space. I am in love with it. The house has heating too unlike last year when I had to sleep with a hot water bottle and lots of fluffy clothes on. Never again. Met my first new house mate who is lovely. I love new people.
I also had an interview and trial shift for LUSH. I loved it. Talking to people and doing the demos. One girl I did 3 demos on and she brought everything I showed her. She became my new best friend. I went home smelling beautiful. They even gave me small gift box to say thank you for coming down. She stopped my half way through my shift to tell me how to improve and it was super helpful. So hopefully this week i’ll get a phone call to say yes or no. Hope its a yes!
I’ll be trying to make blogs and get my brain moving more cause summer has been a nightmare. I learnt why I never talk to anyone from high school. Back on track and back on with my life. I can’t wait for September when everyone moves back. I’ve missed all my friends. I haven’t seen them in ages and some for really long time. Everything feels positive at the moment. I hope it stays this way.
I was having a good think the other day after me and my best friend talk about our future all the time. I was having a think and I think I now know what I want for in 5 years time. I thought I’d write a blog post about it so I could come back in 5 years and see if my goals happened and write about what has happened.
- I would love to graduate from university. At the moment I feel like its not going to happen. I don’t feel good enough for university but let’s see if it’ll actually happen. I hope so. I choose my dress.
- I wouldn’t mind having a flat with my friends in 5 years time. I’m thinking of moving into a bigger city like Manchester so I have a better job opportunities especially in the job that I want. I know that straight after university I’d like to move in with a few friends.
- I want to be driving. I better be driving. I want that independence. It annoys me now cause all I want is to pick up my friends and go somewhere for the day and make memories. I wanted to start at 17 but it just never happened.
- I want to be in a relationship. That would be nice. I’ll be 26 I better be in a relationship god damn it. Wouldn’t mind being engaged but that’s wishful thinking.
- I want to loose my weight. I don’t mind the size I am now but I wouldn’t mind a thinner face and a flatter belly. I like being curvy but I feel like I don’t look healthy.
- I want to be a full time job in marketing and social media. That’s the main goal right now is breaking into the industry and finding my feet.
- Not a big goal but I want to get more tattoos. I want my leg covered. I want to be a human canvas.
Let’s come back in 5 years and see whats happens!
I’m 21 years old and I’ve just figured out what I want to do with my life. Past week I’ve been questioning everything. I’ve questioned me being a university,people in my life and things about myself. Today a job advert came up by the university and I read over and went ‘this is what I want to do in my life’
I’ve decided that I want to go into social media and marketing. I’ve worked events since 17 and enjoyed it so much. I’ve ran Facebook accounts and YouTube channels for other people and events and I thought why am I not going into this as a job? I love film I really do but I don’t see myself having a future in it. I can’t find a job in the industry that I am 100% set on and I don’t think there’s a job out there for me in film. I would love to be in marketing. I’m currently Derby SU Rock Society’s social secretary and everything that job in tales is what carer I want.
I’ve spent the day applying for two jobs from the university and redoing my CV for it to fit with marketing and events. I then googled the actual title of the job and found an internship in Manchester and applied. I found out that boohoo.com want creative content employees and got sad that I can’t apply for it at the moment. I’m thinking of moving to Manchester after university because all these jobs seem to be in the bigger cities and the only city that comes up is Manchester. Maybe I’ve found my happiness.
My next step is to cut out the people in my life that make me unhappy and sort out what bothers me about myself. Which is my weight. I’ve been doing walks and visiting my friends. I need to sort out my mental health. Been having panic attacks and down days lately but I’ve been taking myself to the cinema and stuff to keep myself busy. I love being independent.
Finally feeling happy. Scared it won’t last but happy for now. Need a shop for office clothes at this rate!