I’m back and feeling a lot better. I have days where I don’t. Today I am going and sorting out my depression so I will be a lot happier and less down soon. Amazing right! I did the adult thing!
So recently this week I moved back to university in Derby and moved into my new house. It’s beautiful to be honest. Nicest house I’ve ever lived in. Defiantly better than my house last year with the pet mice we never asked for and the drug dealing on my garden. I’m so happy with my bedroom it looks so cute and it’s like my tiny safe space. I am in love with it. The house has heating too unlike last year when I had to sleep with a hot water bottle and lots of fluffy clothes on. Never again. Met my first new house mate who is lovely. I love new people.
I also had an interview and trial shift for LUSH. I loved it. Talking to people and doing the demos. One girl I did 3 demos on and she brought everything I showed her. She became my new best friend. I went home smelling beautiful. They even gave me small gift box to say thank you for coming down. She stopped my half way through my shift to tell me how to improve and it was super helpful. So hopefully this week i’ll get a phone call to say yes or no. Hope its a yes!
I’ll be trying to make blogs and get my brain moving more cause summer has been a nightmare. I learnt why I never talk to anyone from high school. Back on track and back on with my life. I can’t wait for September when everyone moves back. I’ve missed all my friends. I haven’t seen them in ages and some for really long time. Everything feels positive at the moment. I hope it stays this way.
I am a very independent person. I think this is because I’ve always have had to be. Now in my 20s I find it very hard to do things with friends. They’re all in relationships,have jobs,moved away or have children. I’m finding peace in the situation finally. I’ve found things to do that keep me busy on days where I don’t see friends. I also find this very good for my mental health. I thought I’d give you examples if you’re very independent like me.
- I just recently discovered that going to the cinema alone isn’t scary or weird at all. I was in town and had nothing to do all day. I didn’t want to sit in my house all so text my best friend ‘would it be weird to go to the cinema alone?’ she said ‘why would it be?’ I really wanted to go see Baby Driver (which is amazing) so I did. No one spoke to me and I had so much room around me.
- Why not give yourself a pamper day? (I might write a separate blog post on this because I’m very extra about this) Go to a drug store and get yourself a face mask,new nail varnish,some chocolate and put on Netflix. If you have a bath go to lush and grab a bath bomb. Order yourself a pizza.
- Find a class to join. This is one of the plans I want when I go back to university in September. Find myself a new class and take up a hobby. Maybe its a photography class or painting. In this time you might find and make new friends too.
- Build yourself a fort. Grab the blankets and make a fort. In the fort put your laptop in,plug in some speakers,put up some fairy lights,a load of pillows,snacks and have yourself a movie day. Just cause your on your own doesn’t mean you can’t do this.
- DIY stuff. I find Pintrest good for this. Find something to make and do it yourself. It’ll keep your mind busy and you might learn something new.
- Shopping. I find shopping better when I’m alone. I can look at what I want,take my time and don’t have to wait for anyone else. In my case my friends have to try everything on and I’m to lazy for that. It’s just waiting around so I love shopping on my own.
- Bike rides. If you have a bike why not just cycle anywhere and find new places. Take your phone or a camera and do some photography. It’ll clear your mind.